VirtualBox is a common-goal complete virtualizer for hardware. Targeted at server, desktop and embedded use, it is now the only skilled high quality virtualization resolution that is also Open SupplyApplication. VirtualBox is a effective virtualization product for enterprise as effectively as residence use. VirtualBox offers are useful for many scenarios: Running a number of operating systems simultaneously. VirtualBox allows you to run much more than one particular operating program at a time.
This way, you can run application written for a single operating program on yet another (for example, Windows application on Linux or a Mac) without having to reboot to use it. Because you can conﬁgure what kinds of “virtual” hardware ought to be presented to each and every such operating system, you can install an old operating technique such as DOS or OS/two even if your true computer’s hardware is no longer supported by that operating program.
Computer software vendors can use virtual machines to ship complete computer software conﬁgurations. For instance, installing a complete mail server answer on a real machine can be a tedious activity. With VirtualBox, such a complex setup (then often named an “appliance”) can be packed into a virtual machine. Installing and running a mail server becomes as straightforward as importing such an appliance into VirtualBox.
Testing and disaster recovery. As soon as installed, a virtual machine and its virtual difficult disks can be regarded as a “container” that can be arbitrarily frozen, woken up, copied, backed up, and transported between hosts. On prime of that, with the use of another VirtualBox feature named “snapshots”, a single can save a distinct state of a virtual machine and revert back to that state, if needed. This way, 1 can freely experiment with a computing environment. If something goes incorrect (e.g. right after installing misbehaving software program or infecting the guest with a virus), a single can effortlessly switch back to a preceding snapshot and steer clear of the require of frequent backups and restores. Any number of snapshots can be created, permitting you to travel back and forward in virtual machine time. You can delete snapshots whilst a VM is operating to reclaim disk space.
Infrastructure consolidation. Virtualization can signiﬁcantly decrease hardware and electrical energy expenses. Most of the time, computers these days only use a fraction of their prospective power and run with low average system loads. A lot of hardware resources as effectively as electrical energy is thereby wasted. So, as an alternative of operating a lot of such physical computers that are only partially utilized, one can pack a lot of virtual machines onto a couple of potent hosts and balance the loads in between them.
Supported OS: Windows XP, Server 2003, Server 2008, Windows 7, Server 2012, Windows eight (32-bit and 64-bit).
Mac OS X hosts: 10.six (Snow Leopard, 32-bit and 64-bit), ten.7 (Lion, 32-bit and 64-bit), 10.8 (Mountain Lion, 64-bit).
Linux hosts (32-bit and 64-bit): Ubuntu eight.04 (“Hardy Heron”), 8.ten (“Intrepid Ibex”), 9.04 (“Jaunty Jackalope”), 9.ten (“Karmic Koala”), 10.04 (“Lucid Lynx”), 10.ten (“Maverick Meerkat), 11.04 (“Natty Narwhal”), 11.10 (“Oneiric Oncelot”), 12.04 (“Precise Pangolin”), Debian GNU/Linux 5. (“lenny”) and six. (“squeeze”), Oracle Enterprise Linux four and five, Oracle Linux 6.
Changes in VirtualBox four.two.18 (released 2013-09-06):
– VMM: correctly deal with NMIs on Linux hosts with X2APIC enabled
– VMM: fixed potential crashes with 64-bit guests on 32-bit hosts (bug #11979)
– GUI / seamless: correctly manage mouse wheel scroll events
– GUI, VBoxManage: when unregistering a VM, also unregister the challenging disk pictures which are employed exclusively (bug #10311)
– GUI: stop crashes under certain situations on X11 hosts
– 3D: multiscreen fixes (incorrect mouse position, flickers)
– 3D Support: several fixes for the Windows WDDM video driver (multiscreen, seamless)
– Snapshots: made live snapshots operate again (bug #9255)
– Teleportation: produced it work once again (bug #9455)
– VBoxManage: on snapshot take, –pause is default and –live is for performing live snapshots
– VBoxSVC: don’t crash on systems with numerous VLAN interfaces (Solaris hosts only)
– Network: following the host resumes from suspend, disconnect and reconnect the virtual network cables to force renewing the DHCP leases for the guests. So far only Mac OS X hosts and Windows hosts (bug #10063).
– NAT: on name server alterations force a reconnect of the virtual network cable to notify the guest (Mac OS X hosts only)
– Mac OS X installer: maintain previously installed Extension Packs on VirtualBox upgrade
– Linux hosts / guests: Linux three.11 fixes (bug #12001)
– Solaris hosts: fixed a potential kernel panic triggered due to unexpected preemption due to logging.
– Windows hosts: fixed an situation with USB2 devices becoming inaccessible when plugged into USB3 ports.
– Linux Additions: added PCI device identifier to vboxvideo.ko fixing DRI initialization below certain conditions (bug #11957)
– Linux Additions: fixed udev detection in the init script with Linux three.x kernels
Download Net Download Manager 6.17 Build 10 Retail below:
click right here Download Web page Final - All OS
click right here Download Windows, four.2.18 Final
click here Download Linux, four.2.18 Final
click right here Download Mac, four.2.18 Final
click right here Download VirtualBox Extension Pack, four.two.18 Final, All OS
VirtualBox 4.2.18 Build 88780 Final
9out of 10 based on 10 ratings. 9 user reviews.
9out of 10 based on 10 ratings. 9 user reviews.